It is official – Singapore has entered the Guinness Book of World Records for having the largest cupcake mosaic, thanks to the efforts of the Ayer Rajah Youth leaders, who mobilized many volunteers to build a fantastic tribute to Singapore, in celebration of her 47th birthday!
The numbers tell the story:
- 40 key sponsors & donors rallied with funding, expertise, materials and equipment.
- More than 1000 youth volunteers across Singapore stepped in to lovingly bake, frost and assemble 20,000 cupcakes to create the World’s largest cupcake mosaic.
- 50 drivers sent these cupcakes to 62 welfare homes throughout Singapore.
- More than $100,000 has been raised to benefit less-privileged youth and children.
This truly embodies the spirit of this year’s National Day theme: “Loving Singapore, Our Home”. On behalf of all the grateful recipients, thank you!
Over the past 5 months, the team has worked tirelessly to overcome many challenges.
- They had to coordinate complex workstreams by different teams across Singapore,
- learn new skills for themselves and teach new skills to others, and
- persuade many donors, sponsors and volunteers to come onboard.
I hope their efforts inspire many more to give of their time, money and resources to help the community.
I hope many more youths are inspired to dare to “think big”, and direct their youthful energies and passions to achieve breakthroughs for the community, and help build a better tomorrow for Singapore.
Happy birthday, Singapore!