- Other notes:– With a large elderly population in Hougang, Mr Choo saw the need to better cater to their specific needs, like replacing squatting toilets for sitting ones at the home of the elderly.
– Pledged to lobby hard for a new market for the Hougang residents. Critics say that that the Government was the one to demolish it. But this shows that we need PAP MPs to whip the Government into shape and deliver more for the people.
– As a Union leader, Desmond is very much in a position to fight for worker’s rights. He has the resources to get things done quickly – which goes to explain the speed of which the Job Center got setup
– He is a member of the ruling party: that puts him in a position to outperform if he wants to retain his seat in 2016
- Desmond Choo Interview – After GE 2011 Defeat
Desmond Choo shares his journey following the 2011 General Elections.